An Indian Soup, this can be taken as soup or mixed with rice and eaten as food with spicy cooked vegetables for side dish.
Lemon Rasam :
Tur Dal or Red gram - Cooked (1 cup)
Lemons(medium sized) - 2
Green chillies- 3 or more according to taste
Mustard - 1tsp
Oil - 1tsp
Tomatoes - 2 (medium size)
Turmeric powder - half tsp
Corinader leaves for garnishing.
Salt to taste.
1. Cut the tomatoes into slices.
2. Add 1 cup water to half cup tur dal, add the tomato slices and turmeric and cook till dhal becomes soft.
3. Heat oil, splutter the mustards, add green chillies.
4. Mix it with the cooked dal.
5. Add a little more boiled water to bring it to "rasam"consistency.
6. Add salt to taste
7. Stir well.
8. Heat the mixture till froth forms on top.
7. Squeeze the lemons after allowing the mixture to cool for sometime.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.